Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy fliptMOMS' Day!

My favorite Mother's Day gift is actually that oh-so-sweet breakfast-in-bed made entirely by our loving keikis.

And it's not my favorite gift because our kiddos were thoughtful or creative or early risers. It's not even because I was able to sleep a little longer and not take breakfast orders, clean the dishes, and help all of the above get ready for church.

For me, the over-sugared oatmeal and diluted coffee is oh-so-sweet and wonderful because it shows the early signs of self-reliance in our children.

When they first tie their shoelaces without our help, I see signs of independence. 

And we do a little dance. 

When they wake up, make their beds, get dressed, and begin school on their own, I see signs of self-sufficiency.

And we do a little dance.

When they make me a Mother’s Day breakfast that is vegan and gluten-free and then sing me a self-created Mother’s Day song, I know our kiddos are well on their way to being self-possessed, confident, and creative individuals.

And we all do a little dance together.


"To find yourself, think for yourself." Socrates

Happy fliptMOMS' Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment